Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Break in Bethlehem


From the title you may have thought that I went on an exotic excursion to the middle east. I did go east, but not that far. I went to visit my brother John-David and his family in Bethlehem, PA, and my brother Rich and his family in Philadelphia. I thought it was a good time to get away since Pete isn't around. So I used my moms awesome hook up to JetBlue and arrived in NY just in time for the Monday morning rush. Slightly overwhelming. I managed to get on a bus to Bethlehem and enjoyed the beautiful scenic route through Jersey and into PA. The fall colors were abundant as the cooler weather was setting in.
Bethlehem is a beautiful area with rolling hills, quaint victorian-style houses and plenty of open space. I mostly went to spend time with my family so we didn't do tons of activities, and the day we tried to go to a Scarecrow Festival, my almost 2-yr. old niece puked a few times in the car on the way there warranting a return home. I did get to go tour the nearby fire station, see the highest paid teachers in the nation on strike for more money, help clean up some little kid "accidents," saw Jocelyn in dance class, tour the Orthopedic area of St. Luke's Hospital where John-David is doing his residency, and see where part of Transformers was filmed.
In Philly, I definitely tried a philly cheesesteak which was AMAZING! thanks Jenny! I also went to Independence Hall, saw the Liberty Bell, went to the Reading Terminal Market, drove through west Philly to count how many satellite dishes I could see on broke down row houses, and had a performance of "Annie" by Tabitha, another almost 2 yr old niece. It was awesome. I'm so glad I had time to go play. Next time I'll have to take Pete and stay for longer! here are some pictures from the week.

And this is part of what I did all week...

Overlook of Bethlehem
who wouldn't want this policeman to protect your family jewels?

who doesn't love a bouncy pink horse? and yes that is a gynormous flower on my beanie
you would hope someone would be "in the mood" on their wedding day...
Tabitha giving her two cents
Hay Fight!



3 comments:

katherine said...

you are so cute. i totally miss you. glad you had fun. hope you are well. and that pete is staying strong!

Em said...

i want your white hat with the flower for me, and a matching one for the loinette on the way.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Thanks for coming. Come back soon and maybe we'll do something more exciting next time than clean up kid bodily function issues:)... but I am not making any promises.