Bonni says i have to put this as Pete writing because i never write. i have always had goals in life i was to lazy to do. if we are honest with ourselves, i think we all do. if you dont well then you suck. for me this has been bugging me for a long time. and i realize my spelling is atrocious so please lend me your forgiveness.
I was walking in a bookstore one day and bought a philosophy book on Pascal. as i was walking out i saw this book with a giant '7' on it. picked it up, it was plain and for some reason i thought 'not gonna read the back, just gonna go with it'. luckily it wasnt like '7 ways to take over the world' or '7 ways to ruin your life'. in fact it was a woman in austin TX who decided to choose seven things to change in her life in what she called 'an experiment against excess'. i loved it. yeah it was a little less challenging of a read than my pascal book, but i enjoyed it.
so whats this got to do with the time you have wasted so far? well im gonna do it, and if you want (more like 'please i need you to'), youre going to help me. us. Bon is doing it but she has already fallen asleep while i have been typing ( her hearts in the right place...asleep...). I have the flaw of being able to look at mine and everyone elses life and say 'thats what needs to be done differently', but i never get off my lazy ass (oh yeah im going to swear and mispell things but i will try to keep both to a minimum) and do something about it. all growing up we called it 'trying to save the world from the couch'.
so here it is. 12 things im going to change. lets call it 'an experiment against me/laziness'. here they are:
1. Diet/Exercise
2. Scriptures &Prayers
3. Judging
4. Happiness
5. Completing projects
6. Decrease time on internet/electronics/media
7. Reduce wasted materials (trash/household goods/gas/etc.)
8. Shop as local as possible
9. Reach out to the community (in and outside the church)
10. Discover the surroundings (Utah)
11. Reach out to family
12. Unknown
i know some of you reading this are thinking ' oh yeah, that idiot finally recognized he sucks at that'. got it. i think if we are honest with ourselves and one another we all know what we need to improve. look they are not in any particular order, well except the diet one. that one is first. its my worst and will be the one i hold to the longest.
this is where i need you all. HELP. help by reading this and then telling me how to cope or how to do what i am doing better. i am just barely 26 years old and i will be the first to admit that i am not the smartest guy. i will love your feedback, i will cherish it and hold it and use it. i also need people (we need people) to be accountable to. put bon and i in a room and we can make excuses galore.
THE FUN PART. im brutally honest and i have been told i write well. also been told i write how i speak (if you hate how i speak, well your out of luck). im going to get opinionated, funny, rude, you know the me stuff. all here on the wonderful blogland.
12 will be the driving number. it is a number i love for many philisophical, spiritual,temporal,mangerial, all kinds of reasons. i will get more into that to. the details are coming. for now critic our ( me and the crazy lady next to me snoring softly), but primarily me's list. open and honest just like a 7-11, 'were not always doing business, but were always open', thing. #12 will be voted on by the people. we are going to work on all of these areas for a month by different projects and we will post every couple days on face book and here. lets begin.

5 comments:
Way to go Pete! There is always room for improvement. I set my own 10 personal goals about a month ago. Good luck with yours. I'm so excited I found your blog. I love reading other people's blogs and it is a lot of fun to keep up on what people are up to!
What a great idea! I am excited for you! I am reading "The Happiness project" right now. It is a similar idea to yours, she focuses on one goal per month for a year. It might be worth checking out. I'm not sure what #12 should be, but I'm excited to hear about your progress on your blog! Good luck!
I hope you guys continue to update the blog, because I'm excited to read about your progress. Oh, the sweetness that is your goal! I'm totally in. Seriously. I'm making a list today.
I'm so glad the Monson Wave has returned! If there's one thing in life I enjoy, it is blog stalking. Good luck with your goals, I look forward to following them.
Wow. Good for you. That's great that you're in a place you can work on so many. I found reading "Voice(s) of Hope" by Ty Mansfield to help with evaluating my weaknesses and being less judgmental. My mom has a copy I'm sure she'd let you borrow.
Post a Comment